IT Goddesses Heat up the Tech World July 18, 2006Posted by Sacha in News, Technology.
Australian techie Sonja Bernhardt has put out a smoking hot calendar, Screen Goddess. It features female IT professionals posing as popular and classic movie stars. Sonja stars in the controversial American Beauty shot. The calendar’s website held up against an attack to take it down over the weekend (Sydney Morning Herald article about attack here). I think the calendar looks great. Well done ladies! All proceeds are going to support organizations promoting careers in IT for women and girls.
Excerpt from their website:
We’re doing this to:
- Smash through the perception of the geeky technologist
- Generate media sensation to put a spotlight in the industry and increase national interest and awareness
- Raise awareness of the diversity of Women in IT
- Raise money for non profit groups that run initiatives to encourage females to take up technology studies and to enter technology careers
- Promote organisations and companies involved in and supporting IT, through sponsorship/promotional opportunities on each page of the calendar.